NTSB: Autopilot Steered in Fatal Crash
In March, the review made by National Transportation Safety Board about the Tesla fatal crash, it was found at the time of the crash the software steering the car.
Back in the month of March, in highway barrier a Tesla Model X was crashed, on the spot, the driver was killed. National Transportation Safety Board independently takes the accident review and reached the conclusion. Actually, it was found that the Autopilot of Tesla may be the reason for this crash.
In one report, Tesla was also following many cars then the adaptive cruise can suddenly cruise control. The car was moving with the cruise control of 65 mph, rather than 75 mph. While coming back to the exit of the left hand, suddenly the Tesla moves their steering from right to left. This thing happens approximately seven seconds before the crash between the diverting area of exit road and main highway.
Before the crash, the speed of Tesla began to their exceeding level because the road is free and there are no more car instead of Tesla that’s why there is no adaptive control. The car is moving with the 70.8 mph at impact time.
Here is the review of NTSB:
- During the 32 minutes trip, the Autopilot was engaged with the different occasion in which including an important operation before the crash.
- During the segment of 18 minutes and 55 seconds, visual alerts was provided by the vehicle is auditory alert that is replaced on the steering wheel behind the driver’s hand. Before the crash, these alerts were made.
- During the 60 seconds, the hands of the driver were detected more than three separate occasions for 34 seconds. At the last moment, the vehicle was detected before 6 seconds of the crash.
- 8 seconds before the crash, the Tesla was traveling at the speed of 65 mph, also following the vehicle on the highway.
- While following the vehicle, Tesla starts to move its left steering before 7 seconds to crash.
- The Tesla was not following the leading cars 4 seconds before the crash.
- The Tesla’s speed reaches to 62 mph to 70 mph at the time of 3 seconds before the crash.
Also, the reports include the crash notes which tell the worse condition of this car at the time of damaging. Before a week, Tesla impacted with some damage. We hope so that this crash will never listen again.